Saturday, March 27, 2010

dance anywhere 2010

For me, dance and poetry are very closely linked.  A dance is a poem is a dance is a poem. Like that.  

Anyway, March 26th was annual Dance Anywhere day.  I signed up about a month ago, and will give this footage to the artist who coordinates the day.  I did it last year with my friend Katy Becker( www.youtube.com/katyannebecker4you ).  It always happens at noon California time. This year at noon, I was mid-route to Lake Tahoe with my whole family.  We pulled over to a gas station and i found a grassy knol on which to rock out with my son Elliott and my sister Kacie.  The only background music is the weird noises Kacie and Elliott are making.

So, this is me participating is someone else's public art project.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part is Elliott at the end saying, "I just danced ANYWHERE!"

    ReplyDelete